44 lovely ladies from all over Australia joined us (me and the design team) to have fun, classes, workshops, scrapping, competitions and prizes. And the food!!! Oh the food was fabulous - plus we hold it situated in the middle of a beautiful tourist resort with wonderful shops all around!! boutique gift shops, lolly shop, bead shop and..... scrapping shop - plus loads of others. Our scrapping place is a ballroom - used for weddings - so it is pretty special!
Here is what the ladies who attended the Autumn Escape this year said:
- It was very busy but I enjoyed it all. I loved the fact that I could watch and then do, and have a sample to take home (workshops)
- (I loved) the atmosphere and general feeling of generosity and sharing
- Had bucket loads of fun and scrapped! And learnt plenty
- Workshops are a great way to learn new techniques
- I loved every minute of the inspiring, tallented and funny ladies
- Fromt eh beginning to the end it was a visual delight, a creative haven and a breath of fresh air
- It was welcoming and well structured
- Very professional and I enjoyed myself very much
- Best retreat I have been to
So here is the great news - on the 15th October this year we will offer two retreats for 2014. Not one - but 2 vintage inspired retreats!!
Same great venue and lots of wonderful inclusions.
Now there are only limited seats available because those who have been to this years retreat - or are confirmed on next years retreat are already confirmed for 2014.....
Here is the lowdown......
Venue - Ball Room at Gold Creek Resort, Canberra
Accomodation - is not included int he cost - however there are 15 double rooms put aside for retreatees at the resort
- Abode Gungalin has lovely accomodation
- Any accomodation in Dickson, Lyneham, Downer, or Watson would be suitable (B&Bs are plentiful)
- A caravan park is available at The Cedars
- Local ladies - or those with local friends are welcome to stay there and come in to the retreat daily
- All meals included except breakfast (there are 3 cafes in tourist village, room service, or bring your own)
- Morning and Afternoon Tea
- Dietry requirements are wonderfully catered for, the response from this years retreat said the special dietary requirements were the best they had ever had!
- 11th to 13th April 2014 (weekend before Easter)- A Parisian Romance
- 3rd to 5th October 2014 (ong weekend - and Floriade!) - Victorian Market Garden
- 10am Friday morning to 4pm Sunday afternoon
- 3 full classes kits included
- 6 workshops all items included
- Morning tea and lunch on Friday
- Cost $320
- 3pm Friday afternoon to 4pm Sunday afternoon
- 2 full classes kits included
- 5 workshops all items included
- Morning tea and lunch on Friday
- Cost $280
- Tattered Inspirations will have the shop open for the whole retreat
- We are surrounded by shops and gorgeous boutiques
- Great cafes
- Wrapped in Paper Scrapbooking shop is just a stones throw away
Sounds great.......How do I get to go???
Just email me on email@example.com for a rego form
Your registration form is required to be returned as quickly as you can
Due to the limited places you will only be able to nominate one retreat at this time - there is a space which asks if you are able to come to either just in case your preference is booked out
Once you have been offered a place your $70 non refundable deposit will be required
This is not due until the 31st July 2013.
If your deposit is not made by this date (it is okay I will remind you both in the newsletter and as a final reminder 2 weeks before it is due) I will offer your place to a person on the waiting list
All payments may be made through direct debit or paypal through my etsy shop (or website once I set it up)
Reminders will be sent from the 1st of the month to the end of the month when it is due
Please note that the $70 deposit is always non refundable
All other payments are refundable if you are unable to come, except in the last 6 weeks prior to the retreat where I will not be able to refund your payments.
A payment plan will be devised and payments can be made regulalry
I do not offer an early bird payment - however I am happy to receive the payments early or in a lump sum if that is the easiest for you
Should you change your mind on starting in the morning for the full retreat I will take changes until 4 months prior to the retreat - after this time the kits are purchased and changes cannot be made - sorry
Newsletter and Facebook Page
Marketing is in full swing and there is lots of information.... I have so much to share - but I will keep it under my hat for now
From August 2013, once all deposits have been received a newsletter will be emailed regularly to keep you informed
In addition you will be invited to a closed facebook group so you can chat with others and also take part in competitions etc
A waiting list for both retreats will be formed should it be necessary
I do hope you will join me and my design team in either of the retreats for 2014.... you certainly will not be dissappointed
Carol Mead and the DT