A Little about Tattered Inspirations

Tattered Inspirations is a little business which aims to provide products with a vintage heart to use in your crafts - be it scrapbooking, card making or other crafty pursuits.

The Tattered Inspirations shop is here
Tattered Inspirations

Markets - we will keep you informed as we have no idea when we will be able ot go to the Old Bus Depot due to their rennovations. once I know I will pop it here :)

The business is only tiny and is not in any way out to make lots of money but rather to offer products to compliment the usual supplies available by big companies.

The Design Team Rachel Walsh, Belinda Comerford, Kathy Marchant, Daniella Tassone and Suzie Lowe creatively use the products to show people what can be done - and I treasure their input and design work immensly.

Thank you for dropping by, we aim to encourage and inspire you to do something different out of your comfort zone, in new and exciting ways.

Monday, June 14, 2010

what we learn

It is funny how life teaches us things that we would not learn otherwise isn't it. I wonder sometimes where I would be if life didn't teach me things .... those experiences make me a much better person I think, more skilled and more willing to help others.

Some of my lessons have been:
  • Jobs which make you learn difficult lessons and what you will do better next time
  • Childbirth - no mother is quite the same after or ready to offer so much advice or be quite as judgemental
  • Sick kids - whether small ills or large ones this brings wells of patience you really thought you didn't have
  • Elderly and ailing parents - you learn that you thought that having children and them leaving home it was your turn to fly - but it really didn't - your parents have taken that position of children
  • Marriage - learning to find your way with another person and still come though in tact and in love
  • Divorce - taught me dignity and that people will say what they will say you have no control over that
  • Buying a house - you learn to stand on your own feet and take a calculated risk
  • Leading people - this is very different to managing people - managing is about process you manage things you lead people
  • Vision - you have to have vision or you won't go anywhere but around in circles
  • Girlfriends - are always there no matter what and if you drink wine together all the better
  • Friends - there are many types of friends - some are forever and some are for a season - you need both
  • Success is better than revenge (although you hope people that hurt you are watching !!)
  • Art - comes from the soul and it is yours whatever it is and looks like ...it is yours and speaks about you
  • Money - though money is important it isn't the only thing many people with lots of money are very unhappy.....
  • Spending - sometimes (most times) if something catches my eye and I love it I buy it..... within reason of course. Usually I will still be loving it even after I remember what it cost
  • Presents - it isn't the cost but the thought behind it that matters the most
And the lesson I learnt today:

I have absolutely grown in my art that I reworked a painting and I like it so much better. I have been thinking of reworking it for sometime but didn't really know how. Today I decided to let what I have learnt take flight - and I changed it I think for the better - I will let it settle and dry then you can tell me what you think - I will put both versions up......

So whatever my lessons are...... they are there for a reason. Well that is what I have found and today I had a success...... so now for another glass of something cold and white to celebrate!

Love
C

No comments:

Post a Comment