A Little about Tattered Inspirations

Tattered Inspirations is a little business which aims to provide products with a vintage heart to use in your crafts - be it scrapbooking, card making or other crafty pursuits.

The Tattered Inspirations shop is here
Tattered Inspirations

Markets - we will keep you informed as we have no idea when we will be able ot go to the Old Bus Depot due to their rennovations. once I know I will pop it here :)

The business is only tiny and is not in any way out to make lots of money but rather to offer products to compliment the usual supplies available by big companies.

The Design Team Rachel Walsh, Belinda Comerford, Kathy Marchant, Daniella Tassone and Suzie Lowe creatively use the products to show people what can be done - and I treasure their input and design work immensly.

Thank you for dropping by, we aim to encourage and inspire you to do something different out of your comfort zone, in new and exciting ways.

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Isn't it funny

Isn't it funny when you find something that you had forgotten and it is a nice surprise! When I was in NZ I wandered around taking photos and picking up things to paint! Very normal for me - I am the gatherer!

Shells, seaweed, wood, grasses and what ever I could find. Have I told you how amazingly patient my husband is???? Well he puts up with this flotsam on most of our journeys - whether they be from the sea or flora from the bush or gardens - nothing is safe! The car is always full of things to paint - I even carry a couple of ziplock bags in my camera bacgs for such gathering.

I then go about painting the items in watercolours - pencils that is - much more travel friendly that the tubes or pans and love the way they mix and bloom.... I have a couple of step by steps on the Scribbly Gums Art blog if you ever wanted to try watercolour pencil paintings but don't know where to start..... here is the link.....my suggestion is that you try the tulip first - it is the easier of the two!

Tulip & Gum Blossom

So my surprise today was finding a whole lot of these lovely little paintings (I divided an A4 into 4) and each one is different.... a completed little piece of a memory from my NZ trip.

Now some of you know I do mixed media - but I also do watercolours and pottery as well..... so I live in a constant state of choice - unfortunately I also work full time which does impact on my art time I can tell you.

Anyway enough chatting here are 8 paintings for you to look at....... I hope you enjoy them

Shells - little visions of NZ

Seaside findings - NZ South Island

There are 14 singles in all - I hope perhaps to sell these separately soon as they are rather cute - and would look lovely grouped on a wall in a single or separate frames..... what do you think.... do you like them??

Love
C

No comments:

Post a Comment