So there I was listening to the CD player, sipping my fave teas and quietly finishing off a mountain of kits I had started to prepare in May! There is so much in creating the kits I bring to you - I thought you might like to know the process.....
- Firstly there is the competempation stage..... inspiration starts to hit big time - often it is working with pictures - going through my stash or the web sites I favour, finding an awesome print of ephemera, a lovely cameo or a new lace or ribbon - even finding some die cuts.....
- Next I start to design the flower, or to dye the crochet motif so it goes with the source of inspiration
- Then I collect my bits and pieces.... vintage ribbons and laces, ephemera, tickets, buttons
- I make the hat pins and make sure everythign goes together
- I print off the cards, put the kit together inot the package so it is gorgeous. And I print the sticker for the back
- Once that is all done I photograph the kit, load to Etsy and pop the kits into the shop (into some sort of order!!)
So without further ado...
Tiny Wings Mini Kit $6
Postman Pete (a fave for the boys) $6
A Little Beatrix $6
Toadstools and Butterflies Mini Kit $6.50
Springtime Flight $6
Little Fairy $6
So pop into the shop, buy a couple and have a little fun with these... they are sweet and very good value a t $6 dollars - the cameo ones are a touch more expensive at $6.50 because of the cost of the cameo but I am sure you will agree they are worth the extra 50 cents!!
As Rachel, Michelle, Kate, Nicole and Ant use the mini kits I sent them I will load them onto Etsy with their wonderful layout too - and will tell you all about it here...... so I cannot wait to see what they do!!
Oh and a little bit of news - those girls going to the Scrap Girls Retreat in July will have the opportunity to buy my products from the LSBS shop ...... Cath has allowed me to supply her shop for the July Retreat - but be quick there is only one of each kit!!! And there are hat pins, And vintage seam binding - how cool is that!!