A Little about Tattered Inspirations

Tattered Inspirations is a little business which aims to provide products with a vintage heart to use in your crafts - be it scrapbooking, card making or other crafty pursuits.

The Tattered Inspirations shop is here
Tattered Inspirations

Markets - we will keep you informed as we have no idea when we will be able ot go to the Old Bus Depot due to their rennovations. once I know I will pop it here :)

The business is only tiny and is not in any way out to make lots of money but rather to offer products to compliment the usual supplies available by big companies.

The Design Team Rachel Walsh, Belinda Comerford, Kathy Marchant, Daniella Tassone and Suzie Lowe creatively use the products to show people what can be done - and I treasure their input and design work immensly.

Thank you for dropping by, we aim to encourage and inspire you to do something different out of your comfort zone, in new and exciting ways.

Friday, September 10, 2010

How gorgeous is today.....?

What a gorgeous day today ... there is green grass from all the rain, the dams are almost at 75% (they were 44% last winter) and there are birds as I look out my window.... feeding on the grass are those little grey crested pigeons which are so sweet. They bob around and feed and then fly off - their wings in flight make a rustling noise.

Today is a day for cleaning..... not looking forward to that! I would rather be creating .... but it has to be done - Spring is here and it is time to open the windows and let the air (though it is a bit bracing) flow through the house at last. It has been a cold and long winter here in the mountains.

New Kits .... Two scrumptious ones
I wanted to show you a little peek at the two kits I have created for toddlers and babies .... traditional pink and blue.... but with that vintage twist. I am happy with them - and I have only made 6 of each to see what people think.... so if you like them - pop into Etsy!!

I must say I did have fun looking through those old advertisements in the 1950s and what they thought back then. Colds could be cured by 'Vicks', a six week 'Sustogen' course increased your energy levels and there was lots of importance placed on winter woolies, feeding your baby strained foods 'a knife and fork meal on a spoon' and not letting them be a 'Milk Sop' whatever that means!

So here they are:


Sugar and Spice


Little Boy Blue

I have really enjoyed making these kits .... especially the cabochons which are so cute and really are lots of fun to make!

There are more kits coming and a secret I cannot share yet - but watch this space - all will be revealed in 4 weeks time..... but I am very very excited!!!!!

Handcrafted Vintage Lace now arrived
I also received a huge package of beautiful hand crafted vintage lace pieces for my kits - they are simply gorgeous - so those who love shabby - have I now got lace!!!!! My goodness they are beautiful! Also I have things coming from China and Malaysia winging their way to me ...... what fun I will have with these little beauties!

Holidays in Oct - Etsy Shop Closes for 2 weeks!!
Just a quick note to remind people that I will be on holiday from the 1st to the 15th of October - so my newsletter will be out prior to October and my Etsy shop will be closed through my holiday period - that mean s that you will need to do your orders by the end of September or you won't be able to order until I get back......

A Little Tattered - Newsletter - subscribe for September
Don't forget to subscribe to my newsletter - you will need to email me - I won't send it unless you ask me ...... there will be lots of goodies in there to look at, ideas and tutorials and links to sites I love.... plus news, offers, interviews and upcoming events etc.....

So subscribe to 'A Little Tattered' by emailing me your email address to iamhoneywine@gmail.com ........ next copy will be out by the end of Sept

Spring is finally here - and I am loving it!!!
Cheers
Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment