A Little about Tattered Inspirations

Tattered Inspirations is a little business which aims to provide products with a vintage heart to use in your crafts - be it scrapbooking, card making or other crafty pursuits.

The Tattered Inspirations shop is here
Tattered Inspirations

Markets - we will keep you informed as we have no idea when we will be able ot go to the Old Bus Depot due to their rennovations. once I know I will pop it here :)

The business is only tiny and is not in any way out to make lots of money but rather to offer products to compliment the usual supplies available by big companies.

The Design Team Rachel Walsh, Belinda Comerford, Kathy Marchant, Daniella Tassone and Suzie Lowe creatively use the products to show people what can be done - and I treasure their input and design work immensly.

Thank you for dropping by, we aim to encourage and inspire you to do something different out of your comfort zone, in new and exciting ways.

Sunday, August 29, 2010

What a wonderful weekend

Hi everyone

I am just back from an awesome retreat at LSBS (Little Scrapbook Shop) and what a weekend it was..........The awesome Cath and Nic treated us so well with kits to die for, gorgeous kits and lovely classes.... give aways too - and I won the layout prize for 17 LOs on the weekend..... special mention to Gill (Owl) though who definitely did more than me this time at 21!

I also chatted to many of the girls I have known now for years at the retreat and made new friends too ..... you are all lovely and so much a part of my life.

I was invited (well I actually volunteered) to teach a mixed media course at the retreat - and I did. 44 ladies created gorgeous fridge magnets and had a ball - many are going to try this again they loved it so much. I love the way people make their creations their own, they were all different and all lovely - so many people really loved them.....awesome work girls.

Here is my sample (now I can show you!!)


Her love has wings

Thanks to the other teachers too - Kerryn, Belle and Sherry for awesome classes too.... I had a lovely time!

I travelled to Berrima to my fave Antique Shop on the way there to the LSBS Retreat, with the lovely Kristin, and picked up gorgeous goodies for my vintage scrapping kits - so much stuff (buttons, mags, flannel, ribbon, braid, tickets....yummmmmm) and so much fun...... I cannot wait to create over the weeks ahead ..... and I have a stash now of gorgeous glimmermists to be extremely jealous of...... superb for antiquing flowers and laces

Several girls picked up my kits at the retreat from orders on the net..... they were delighted with them - and there were lots (and lots) of very positive comments. People also loved the packaging..... brown paper packaging tied up with string - and a heart! Reminds me of the old days.

The hat pins are definitely a hit too and many people wanted me to make more......

Thanks also to Scrap Therapy for taking 5 of my Hat Pin kits to try in the store at Babinda...... I will be interested to see how they go!

I have a day of work today to regroup and a short week - the sun is shining and I have watched the birds feed on the feeders outside my bedroom window at 10am - life is good.

Have a beautiful day everyone...

Love
C

1 comment:

  1. I love your sample, it's really beautiful!
    Glad to hear that your hat pins are so successful!

    ReplyDelete