A Little about Tattered Inspirations

Tattered Inspirations is a little business which aims to provide products with a vintage heart to use in your crafts - be it scrapbooking, card making or other crafty pursuits.

The Tattered Inspirations shop is here
Tattered Inspirations

Markets - we will keep you informed as we have no idea when we will be able ot go to the Old Bus Depot due to their rennovations. once I know I will pop it here :)

The business is only tiny and is not in any way out to make lots of money but rather to offer products to compliment the usual supplies available by big companies.

The Design Team Rachel Walsh, Belinda Comerford, Kathy Marchant, Daniella Tassone and Suzie Lowe creatively use the products to show people what can be done - and I treasure their input and design work immensly.

Thank you for dropping by, we aim to encourage and inspire you to do something different out of your comfort zone, in new and exciting ways.

Saturday, April 25, 2009

For Claudia

This is a smallish canvas (31x41cm) for Claudia who is leaving from my work to a new position. We will miss her terribly but she is young and at the start of a very promising and varied career. It is hard to find this maturity in one so young.


So I did this yesterday as a farewell gift for her.

The words say 'Never lose sight of what you first set out to achieve'' this has always been true in my positions at work. It is the working out of the rest that gets in the way.

I have placed a few surprises in the piece, compasses for direction, a watch, a few butterflies for whimsy..... and a face (very similar to claudias, peeking out of the rock face).


Papers are mainly 'Basic Grey' and printed pages out of an old book. Lots of paint and texture. The gum trees have stems out of paper and the old 4 paint bubble wrap technique works well for these trees I think.

Thanks for looking

Cheers
Carol

4 comments:

  1. I love how her face is within the rockface, very kewl!
    Bek xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carol...your work is BEAUTIFUL! I especially love the Mother and Daughter piece you did...how special!

    Thank you for popping by my Blog and for the well wishes :)

    LuLu~*xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this - great work in placing the image on the rockface. So creative and artistic.

    ReplyDelete